Life is an adventure and I am explorer. Photography is a translator of my thoughts through mixed media explorations. Fragments from publications and recycled materials motivate my manipulation of materials. With digital tools, I process mental sketches to communicate, often theatrical, visuals from life experiences.
David Dumo is a mixed media artist, photographer and graphic designer living in Southern California. Raised in Chicago’s industrial west side, he developed a fascination of found textures and objects. David’s creative process is fueled through discovery of new context from nature and history, and is often influenced by his multicultural heritage. His creative output includes collage, sculpture, assemblage and other mixed-media projects. David has been presented in a variety of juried and group exhibitions.
- Master of Fine Arts Degree, The University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan
- Bachelor of Fine Arts Degree, Chicago Academy of Fine Arts and The University of Chicago
- Teaching Fellowships: University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan, two years
- Scholarship: Chicago Academy of Fine Arts, Chicago, Illinois
- Visiting Artist: School of The Art Institute of Chicago, Chicago Public Schools, Oakton College
- Los Angeles Center for Digital Art, Los Angeles, California
- Artists Council, Palm Springs Art Museum, Palm Springs, California